DID YOU KNOW MANY WOMEN IN COUNTRIES OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES RECEIVE PELVIC PHYSICAL THERAPY AFTER GIVING BIRTH, AND OFTEN DURING PREGNANCY?
WHY HAVE A PELVIC PHYSICAL THERAPIST AS PART OF YOUR PREGNANCY & POSTPARTUM PLAN?
I am passionate about providing moms with education and care during pregnancy and after birth. Though there are expected changes with a women's body during pregnancy, pain and discomfort should not be something that women expect to suffer with without relief. The changing body throughout pregnancy places mom at risk for developing painful conditions (symphysis pubis pain, SI joint pain, low back/hip pain to name a few). Functional movement and activity tolerance is affected as the body grows and changes to support the growing baby. Physical Therapists are musculoskeletal and movement specialists. Each stage of pregnancy is an opportunity to learn how to take care of your body best, and I love to share this with my patients/clients.
Benefits of pelvic physical therapy treatment during pregnancy can include:
- decrease discomfort or pain during pregnancy
- better functional ability to complete daily tasks and take care of current children at home
- knowledge about what exercises and stretches are important to do during pregnancy
- how to continue with your pre-pregnancy exercise routine as your pregnancy progresses
- preparation for labor and delivery (L&D positioning. Using your pelvic floor and breathe to assist during birth. A strong pelvic floor is great, but can you also relax the pelvic floor?)
- treatment and techniques to assist with baby position as the end of the 3rd trimester gets closer
The postpartum time period is just as crucial. In many other countries, women receive care from a pelvic physiotherapist (physical therapists) shortly after birth to learn about the impact of delivery on their body and to begin to heal optimally. This often occurs long before 6-8 weeks postpartum. As a pelvic and perinatal Physical Therapist, I provide new moms with all the information they need about healing, avoiding or preventing postpartum long-term issues and treatment for their core and pelvic floor. Research is showing that early intervention by a pelvic physical therapist is resulting in a decrease presence of long-term issues following birth. Care and recovery/rehab of moms is crucial and can no longer be skipped over.
Benefits of pelvic physical therapy treatment during postpartum (directly after birth & beyond) can include:
- knowledge about and care of pelvic floor injury that occurs during pregnancy & birth
- knowledge about and treatment of perineal tears, birth-related injuries and cesarean incision scars
- decrease pain and discomfort during postpartum time
- guidance on functional movements to help with core and pelvic floor healing
- guidance on postpartum exercise
- breastfeeding and baby care positions to avoid stress and pain on your body
- information about continued care of your body after the initial "4th trimester" (1st 3 months after birth)
My goal is to provide care for women and provide them with knowledge that empowers them through their pregnancy and postpartum period. Each and every woman deserves adequate care during and after pregnancy that includes a focus on their physical and emotional recovery.
Prenatal Package w/Maternity Photo Shoot Keepsake
I have teamed up with the wonderful Kristina Garcia Windsor of Kristina Windsor Photography (kwindsorphoto.com) to add a special element to the premium prenatal care I provide.
This package includes:
3- 60 min, Prenatal Care Sessions with Dr. Robyn, PT, DPT, which can include:
- addressing your pregnancy-related aches or pains.
- perineal massage instruction & bodywork for soon-to-be mama (that's YOU) 😊
- instruction on pregnancy stretches
- the role of your pelvic floor in birth
- techniques to support baby position
- guidance on your exercise during pregnancy
- labor & delivery preparation
- a postpartum planning guide
A Maternity Photo Shoot with Kristina Windsor from Kristina Windsor Photography
- 30 minute session at Papago Park
- 10+ images in a digital album
**Call 602-316-0571 for all details and to get your package booked.
Want the 3, 60 min prenatal package without the photography?
CALL to get your package booked.